This weekend is 4th of July weekend and we are certain that you will be eating some delicious food in the upcoming week. Whether you’re grilling out, having a family party, or attending a organized pot-luck and fireworks show, this is one holiday that requires lots and lots of eating! We have a recipe that is sure to impress your party guests after all the meals have been eaten and it’s time for dessert — Blueberry Cheesecake Bars! This recipe is a Delish Dish favorite among our various desserts, and is available whenever you use our catering for your event.
It is a really easy recipe that won’t take longer than 45 minutes to prepare and will be ready to eat in less than 2 hours.
First, you will want to prepare the hot shortbread base. You will need the following ingredients
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Shortbread Base Baking Instructions
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut butter into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a food processor, process all ingredients until mixture begins to form small lumps.
- Sprinkle mixture into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan with a metal spatula, pressing evenly onto bottom.
- Bake shortbread in middle of oven until golden, about 20 minutes.
With the shortbread baking, now it is time to prepare the rest of the cheesecake bars. For this, you will need the following…
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Made by Mavis Blueberry Lime Jam or other fruit preserves
Once you have your ingredients follow these directions.
- In a bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and whisk in eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Evenly spread jam/preserves over hot shortbread and pour cream-cheese mixture over it.
- Bake in middle of oven until slightly puffed, about 30 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan and cut into 24 bars.
- Serve with sliced strawberries for a festive Red, White, and Blue color scheme!